Designing A Balcony Retreat in Florida
When was the last time you thought about your patio or balcony? Outdoor living spaces are becoming more and more popular and for good reason. An outdoor living space will give you a change of pace. A living space where you can relax and enjoy the ambiance. A living space that is unlike any other part of your home. So why not fix it up and turn it into a balcony retreat? Here are a few ideas to help get you started.
1. First decide how you want to use the space. Do you want a personal space that is customized just for you? Or would you rather have a space that is perfect for entertaining and socializing?
2. Now you can make a blueprint of exactly what you want. Sometimes a few plants and a nice bistro table and chairs is all it needs. Some people may prefer something a little more elaborate. Consider building your balcony around a theme. Such as a country garden, a casino, or something relating to your favorite hobby.
3.Here are a few ideas you can use to build on:
• Add a sunshade
• Make it into an outdoor garden – just make sure you only use plants that can handle the amount of sun your balcony receives
• Turn it into a book nook
• Design a romantic retreat
• Add a porch swing
• Perhaps some nice wicker furniture
• Give it a country cottage feel
• You may like some statues or fountains with a tapestry backdrop
• Add some throw pillows or some outdoor art and a small rug for a splash of color
• Make it tropical by adding some bamboo, a ficus or some decorative grasses and top it off with a lattice backdrop
• Mix and match lighting really adds to the mood of the space. You can use a mixture of candles, a spotlight or strings of small white lights to adorn the space
Just remember, this is your space and you can do anything you want with it. If you add something that doesn’t seem to fit – change it. If you get bored with the look and want something different – change it. It’s that simple. There’s nothing easier than upgrading your outdoor living space. You can also turn it into a social event and invite all your friends over to help. So get started and have some fun.
If you’re thinking about buying or selling a Florida home, contact your Florida realtor and request a comparative market analysis of your area, as well as, a list of available homes in the location of your choice. Your Florida realtor is there to help you in any way he can.
About the Author: Millie Gil has been a successful Licensed Real Estate agent for over 25 years in Florida. Millie is Vice President of Bold Real Estate Group in Stuart. A boutique agency committed to concierge personalized service for discerning buyers, sellers and renters of residential and commercial properties. Millie is fluent in English and Spanish with a strong network of real estate professionals worldwide. Other post by Millie Gil
If you liked this article, please find the Share buttons below the article and share the love or share your own viral tips in the comments section below. I’ll see you there!