Finding The Right Neighborhood
Finding the right neighborhood is as important, if not more important, than finding the right lender or the right home. Moving to a good neighborhood will determine how you live, how comfortable you will feel and will affect just about everything else in your life. So taking the time to find a great neighborhood is an extremely important step that you do not want to skip.
Here are some things to consider when searching for a great neighborhood.
1. First and foremost – check the crime statistics for each neighborhood you are considering!
2. How close are the parks and recreation areas for your kids – are they within walking distance?
3. How close are your social conveniences such as shops and restaurants?
4. How long is your commute to work?
5. How far are your necessities such as grocery stores, daycares, banks, gas etc.?
6. Is your home going to appreciate in this neighborhood or is the neighborhood declining?
7. Talk to people in the neighborhood – do they like living there?
8. How well is the neighborhood kept up – are the homes well maintained and nicely landscaped?
9. If you have children – is it a child friendly neighborhood with many kids or is it mostly seniors or singles?
10. Check out the schools – does it have good schools – this is important for resale even if you don’t have any children.
11. Do many of the homes in the neighborhood have bars on the windows and doors?
12. Look around for graffiti on the walls, fences, sidewalks etc.
Buying a new home can be a daunting task. There are so many things to consider. Realtors Carlos and Millie Gil will be able to supply you with all of the information you will need about each neighborhood so that you can make an educated decision. So contact Carlos and Millie today at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know which neighborhoods you are interested in and they will be able to make recommendations for you, in addition to the research you have already done.