What Your Home Is Saying To Potential Buyers
When trying to sell your home, you need to be aware of all the little details that could distract a buyer. There may be things you’ve just adapted to or don’t really notice anymore because you’ve lived there for so long. So what exactly is your home saying to potential buyers?
1. Is your home full of clutter? If you’ve outgrown your home and there’s clutter everywhere, you need to spend some time getting rid of everything you don’t need and pack the rest. You’re going to have to pack eventually anyway so you might as well get started.
2. Clutter will make your home seem smaller and will give off a vibe of being chaotic.
3. Clutter creates a lot of dust and too much dust has a very distinct, not so pleasant odor. Additionally, it will make your home appear as though it has not been properly cared for. And that’s the last thing you want your buyers to think and feel as they tour your home.
4. If your home is full of clutter, it will feel darker. Removing all the clutter will automatically brighten up your home.
5. Clutter will prevent your buyers from being able to picture themselves living in your home. A buyer won’t be able to see past the clutter and all your personal belongings. A buyer will generally opt for a home that is clean, crisp and generically decorated because they can more easily picture themselves living there.
6. Too much clutter will give a buyer the impression that he can get your home below market value. If your home gives off an unkempt impression, a buyer will assume that you don’t care and the home will bring below market value offers.
7. A home that has too much clutter will spend more time on the market. Clutter takes up so much space that buyers will think the home is smaller than the actual square footage.
Talk to your realtor about his recommendations for marketing your home. It might be necessary to hire a professional to help you remove the clutter and organize your home. In addition, a home stager will help you enhance everything else so that your home is shown in the best possible light. Any money you spend for a professional organizer and home stager could easily be recouped in a higher sale price you’ll now be able to get for your home. Additionally, your home will probably sell faster as well.
Having the right Florida real estate agent means having an agent who is committed to helping you sell your home with the highest level of expertise in your local market. This commitment level has helped Bold Real Estate Group build a remarkable track record of delivering results.
About the Author: Millie Gil has been a successful Licensed Real Estate agent for over 25 years in Florida. Millie is Vice President of Bold Real Estate Group in Stuart. A boutique agency committed to concierge personalized service for discerning buyers, sellers and renters of residential and commercial properties. Millie is fluent in English and Spanish with a strong network of real estate professionals worldwide. Other post by Millie Gil