Surprising Upgrades That Will Provide The Most Return On Your Florida Home Investment
As a Florida homeowner you should always ask yourself what the return on your investment will be – before you begin any upgrade to your Florida home. While right now you may think that you’ll be living in that house forever. But most people don’t live in the same house for their entire lives. Therefore, you must consider whether or not your upgrade will pay for itself when you are ready to sell your home.
There are certain repairs that will need to be completed regardless of the return. For example , if your air conditioner goes out or your roof becomes damaged and needs to be replaced. You don’t have any choice but to replace these items. These are the types of upgrades that bring up your home’s value regardless. However, there are certain things you can do to your home that will always bring you a good return on your investment. Below are some of the upgrades that most realtors recommend for the best ROI.
1. Interior and exterior painting are generally the most inexpensive of all upgrades, especially if you do the work yourself, and will instantly raise the value of your home.
2. A new steel front door. A good quality steel door can be a bit expensive, usually more than a thousand dollars; however, a new front door will enhance your curb appeal in a big way. Remember, the first thing everyone will see when they pull up to your home is the front door.
3. There are four things most homeowners want in their homes and most buyers look for when buying a new home. These upgrades will almost always bring you a great return on your investment and those are a kitchen or bathroom remodel or the addition of a sunroom or a home office.
4. Most people don’t realize that the addition of an outdoor deck or patio is a great amenity that’s in huge demand and will raise the value of their home.
5. Believe it or not quality custom garage doors are another surprising upgrade that most people never consider but should.
There is a common misconception that adding a second story to your home is a good investment; however, while it’s nice to have, the ROI versus the expense of the project don’t generally bring a good return. Especially if the other homes in your neighborhood don’t have second floors and yours does. On the same note, if all the homes in your neighborhood do have second floors and your does not, then adding a second story would increase the value of your home.
The best rule of thumb is to never upgrade your home beyond the value of the other homes in your neighborhood; otherwise, you will more than likely not get your money back. Talk to your realtor about which upgrades they recommend for your home. Your realtor will be familiar with the other homes in your neighborhood and will be able to make an educated recommendation for you based on his experience and knowledge of the area.
Are you tired of scouring the newspaper and MLS listing sites looking for homes in Palm City, Jacksonville or Port St. Lucie Florida? Tired of playing telephone tag with Realtors only to hear the home’s already sold? Sit back, relax and let Bold Real Estate Group and our team of professional Realtors do the work for you! Just visit our website and check off the properties and communities you’re looking for www.BoldRealEstateGroup.com is FREE and there’s no obligation! or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on all the real estate services we offer.
Author Millie Gil: I have been in the real estate service business in Florida for many successful years and will be here for many more. This longevity and confidence comes from my residential lending and real estate services to great buyers and sellers, and their recommendations to others that result in repeat and referral business that keeps me productive and successful.
Doing real estate relocation is also a passion, by assisting transferees with every residential or commercial real estate need. I know that “Relocations occur for business reasons, but more often they succeed because of a combination of family needs that are met”. My commitment to my clients is that I work diligently and quickly to produce results.
As a full service Broker-Owner of Bold Real Estate Group in Stuart Florida. I assist buyers, sellers, renters and investors in real estate transactions spanning all of the price ranges and property types. I am fluent in English and Spanish with a strong network of real estate professionals worldwide.