Tips For First Time Florida Home Buyers
Whether you have been living in an apartment, with your parents or with friends and relatives, it’s time to buy a home of your very own. But where should you start and how should you begin? This is a very common question from first time homebuyers and that’s why we’re here to help you with some tips that will help you buy your first home in Florida.
1. Research. You must do some research before you begin. Buy a Home Buying For Dummies book to learn the processes and all of the real estate lingo. Research to learn which area you want to live and what neighborhoods are right for you. Research what types of first time home buying programs are available to you. Don’t forget to look for neighborhood conveniences that are important to you such as schools, banks, gas, groceries and your favorite shops and restaurants.
2. Stay Calm. You should never buy the first house you see. Buying your first home is a very exciting time and it’s tempting to buy something just to have something. If you really do like the first Florida home you see, take some time to look at a few more homes before you make an offer.
3. Budget. Before you begin your search, you should have a set budget in mind of exactly how much you can and can’t afford. The last thing you want is to overextend yourself and risk losing your home to the first financial hurdle you experience.
3. Size. How much home do you really need. This is a two sided question. You need to consider how much home you need now, but you also need to consider how much home you will need a few years down the road. This is one thing that many first time home buyers don’t consider and it ends up costing them more money in the long. Because they have to move after they have had a few children a little sooner than they expected.
4. The Home Inspection. Many first time home buyers are strapped for cash and the first thing they want to do is to skip the home inspection process. Don’t ever skip this step. This could mean the difference between the home of your dreams and a money pit. The choice is yours.
Talk to your Florida realtor about buying your first home. She will offer you tips and advice and be more than happy to guide you every step of the way. Your realtor will also be able to give you reputable referrals for mortgage companies, home inspectors and really just about anything you need. Therefore, don’t hesitate to talk to your realtor about any questions or concerns you might have.
Are you tired of scouring the newspaper and MLS listing sites looking for homes in Florida? Tired of playing telephone tag with Realtors only to hear the home’s already sold? Sit back, relax and let Bold Real Estate Group and our team of professional Realtors do the work for you! Just visit our website and check off the properties and communities you’re looking for www.BoldRealEstateGroup.com is FREE and there’s no obligation! or send us an email email@example.com for additional information on all the real estate services we offer.
Author Millie Gil: I have been in the real estate service business in Florida for many successful years and will be here for many more. This longevity and confidence comes from my residential lending and real estate services to great buyers and sellers, and their recommendations to others that result in repeat and referral business that keeps me productive and successful.
Doing real estate relocation is also a passion, by assisting transferees with every residential or commercial real estate need. I know that “Relocations occur for business reasons, but more often they succeed because of a combination of family needs that are met”. My commitment to my clients is that I work diligently and quickly to produce results.
As a full service Broker-Owner of Bold Real Estate Group in Stuart Florida. I assist buyers, sellers, renters and investors in real estate transactions spanning all of the price ranges and property types. I am fluent in English and Spanish with a strong network of real estate professionals worldwide.