Tips For Preparing A Successful Florida Open House
If you’re trying to sell your Florida home, having an open house is a great way to access a large number of potential Florida buyers at one time. In addition, an open house could generate multiple offers with the buyers each trying to outbid each other. However, if you want to have a successful open house, there are several things you’ll need to do to prepare before you begin.
1. Remove all the clutter and pack up anything you don’t use on a daily basis. This will make your home feel bigger and your closet space feel bigger as well. Additionally, removing all the clutter, personal pictures and decor will help your buyers to more easily picture themselves living there.
2. Have your home professionally cleaned. A professional cleaning service will have the right tools, equipment and personnel to thoroughly clean your home from top to bottom in a record amount of time. If your home is not spotless, all your buyers will notice is how unkempt your home appears and that will determine their opinion about the condition of your home. You need to make sure your home is spotless before you sponsor your open house.
3. Hire a Florida professional Stager to help you decorate and arrange the things in your home in the best possible way. A professional Stager has been educated on how to arrange furniture, what colors and decor to use and how to utilize your lighting, or lack of lighting, to your home’s advantage.
4. Neutralize the odors in your home. All homes have a lived in smell. You’ll need to have your carpets cleaned (or replaced), bathe your pets and make sure all litter boxes are clean. Additionally, on the day of your open house you should make other arrangements for your pets and remove all indications that a pet lives there. Talk to your realtor about the different ways they’ve successfully used to neutralize homes with a strong lived in smell.
5. Complete any and all repairs. It only takes a buyer to see one thing wrong with your home. They will then begin to look for other things that are wrong – instead of looking for the things that are right.
6. Buy some nice hand towels and linens to put in your kitchen and bathrooms. This helps give your home a new, fresh, clean vibe versus old and used.
7. Neatly organize everything in your closets, cabinets and drawers. This will give your home the appearance of being well maintained.
8. Spruce up the curb appeal to ensure that the first impression of your home is a good one.
9. Have your open house catered. Set up some nice tableware, etc. to make your home memorable and to help your guests envision what it would be like to live in your home.
10. Make sure you’re not present during the open house. Most buyers are not comfortable looking through your things or talking about your home in your presence.
Talk to Bold Real Estate Group and experienced Realtors about more tips and tricks you can use to ensure your open house is successful. A Realtor is familiar with the neighborhood and with the other Florida buyers agents in the area. Therefore, a Realtor will be able to help you prepare and get the word out so you’ll be able to sponsor the most successful open house possible.
If you’re thinking of selling your Florida home, contact Bold Real Estate Group currently servicing the neighborhoods of Port St Lucie, Palm City, Stuart, Vero Beach, Palm Beach. Having the right Florida Realtor means having a Realtor who is committed to helping you sell your Florida home with the highest level of expertise in your local market. This commitment level has helped Bold Real Estate Group build a remarkable track record of delivering results.
About the Author: Millie Gil has been a successful Licensed Real Estate agent for over 25 years in Florida. Millie is Vice President of Bold Real Estate Group in Stuart. A boutique agency committed to concierge personalized service for discerning buyers, sellers and renters of residential and commercial properties. Millie is fluent in English and Spanish with a strong network of real estate professionals worldwide. Other post by Millie Gil
If you liked this article, please find the Share buttons below the article and share the love or share your own viral tips in the comments section below. I’ll see you there!