Tips That Will Make Your Florida Move Easier
It’s a well known fact that moving can be one of the most stressful events in your lifetime. Therefore, if you are getting ready to move to Florida, why don’t you plan to use the easiest, most efficient way possible? Here are some moving tips that will help make your Florida move easier.
1. Know the quantity of your needed moving supplies and gather them ahead of time. For a five room house, or approximately 2500 square feet, you will need the following: 21-25 small moving boxes, 12-15 medium moving boxes, 18-20 large moving boxes, five extra large moving boxes and about 8-10 wardrobe boxes. In addition, you will need boxes for your electronics, unprinted newspaper, 2-3 rolls of 150′ bubble wrap, some permanent markers and 10-15 rolls of sealing tape. Don’t forget the box cutters, Styrofoam peanuts, mattress covers, stretch wrap and any specialty boxes you may need.
2. It’s helpful to use different colors on your boxes. Each family member should have their own color.
3. The most frequently lost items in a move are the wires and remotes for all your electronics. Therefore, you should put each set of wires and remotes in their own bag and label them accordingly. Then you should put all of those bags in a separate box and carry them with you in your vehicle where they can’t get lost.
4. After you have disassembled your furniture and other items, you should take all the screws and loose parts and put them each in their own envelopes and seal them. You should then tape that envelope to the part or piece of furniture to which it belongs.
5. Make up a separate box of move in supplies. This should contain things like picture hooks, different sized nails, brackets, a screw driver, a hammer and a level. Additionally, you should add some toilet paper, paper towels, soap, wipes, rags, trash bags, drinks and some quick snacks.
6. You should make a home inventory list and design a map of where you want your furniture to go once your movers get there.
7. Talk to your new neighbors and give them advance notice about the date and time that your moving truck will be parked in front of their house or blocking their drive.
8. Purchase all your new locks ahead of time. Make sure you have covered all your bases. You will need locks for the front door, back door, any storage doors or exterior utility areas. You will also need to know the garage door opener codes and alarm codes, etc. for your new home. It’s a good idea to have the garage door opener codes and alarm codes changed once you have moved in.
9. Make arrangements for your pets and your children on moving day. Pets and children usually become extremely stressed when their environment is disrupted and they could be easily lost or hurt during the move. So it’s best to remove them from the situation for the day.
Talk to your Florida realtor about more moving tips and tricks. Your Florid realtor will also be more than happy to provide you with the name and number of a reputable mover if you need one.
Having the right real estate agent means having an agent who is committed to helping you buy your new home with the highest level of expertise in your local market. This commitment level has helped Bold Real Estate Group build a remarkable track record of delivering results.
Are you tired of scouring the newspaper and MLS listing sites looking for homes in Florida? Tired of playing telephone tag with Realtors only to hear the home’s already sold? Sit back, relax and let Bold Real Estate Group and our team of professional Realtors do the work for you! Just visit our website and check off the properties you’re looking for www.BoldRealEstateGroup.com, is FREE and there’s no obligation! or send us an email email@example.com
Sign Up for Listings! You’re not signed up to receive any listings about available Homes! Help us out by selecting the communities you wish to receive updates about, and choose from Resale and New Homes Ready Now, homes ready in 30 or 60 days, or all homes! It’s that simple. Sign up now!
About the Author: Millie Gil has been a successful Licensed Real Estate agent for over 25 years in Florida. Millie Gil is Broker-Owner of Bold Real Estate Group, a boutique agency committed to concierge personalized service for discerning buyers, sellers and renters of residential and commercial properties. Fluent in English and Spanish with a strong network of real estate professionals worldwide and proud member of The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), which represents over 1,200,000 REALTORS® in the United. Other posts by Millie Gil